Teeth whitening is one of the quickest and most affordable dental cosmetic procedures. Whitening treatments offer patients an immediate smile makeover that affects their social life and mental well-being. When we look good, we feel good and want to show off our smile, which improves our social interactions. Our team at Evergreen Dental Group is dedicated to providing smiles that are as attractive as they are healthy and we think that teeth whitening services are the easiest ways to boost your overall appearance. We offer Ultradent Boost teeth whitening in Omaha, Nebraska for patients who need a quick cosmetic fix for their smile.
Why Whiten Your Smile?
Teeth bleaching treatments offer immediate results for patients who are looking to enhance their appearance. There are many reasons why you should invest in a whiter smile. Here are some benefits to teeth whitening procedures:
- It creates a warmer smile
- It creates a more youthful appearance
- It instantly boosts self-esteem and mental well-being
- It is an affordable cosmetic procedure- less costly and time consuming than implant dentistry or the veneers procedure
- It is a quick procedure
- A whiter smile improves social interactions and people’s first impression of you
- A whiter smile can even lead to better job options
How does our whitening process work?
At Evergreen Dental Group, we offer a safe, effective, and powerful whitening service. Our procedure allows our patients to enjoy a more attractive smile in just one office visit but comes complete with follow up treatment with our custom bleaching trays.
When a patient chooses our whitening process, we must first determine whether the patient is a good candidate for the procedure. If a patient suffers from gum disease, tooth decay, is under 16 years of age, is pregnant or breastfeeding they are not considered a candidate for the procedure.
After a patient is determined to be fit and healthy for whitening, they will undergo the first portion of our procedure. This first segment entails an in-office whitening treatment in which the patient relaxes in our dental chair while the whitening gel wipes away deep stains. The gel is 40% hydrogen peroxide and is chemically activated, which means no hot, uncomfortable light is needed. This gel has also been shown to decrease sensitivity. The treatment is split into two applications for a speedy procedure.
After the initial stage, our dentist then provides customized whitening trays for the patient to take home. These trays are designed to perfectly fit the shape of your oral structures for maximized contact between the gel and the teeth. The gel is formulated from Carbamide Peroxide, Potassium Nitrate, and Fluoride. The frequency and duration of how long these trays are used are determined by the patient and the dentist and depends on the level of whitening needed. While a follow-up appointment is not necessary, we do advise that you adhere to Dr. McCaslin’s directions to avoid sensitivity or damage to your gums, cheeks or lips.
How to Care for Your White Smile
When our patients complete our whitening procedure, we make sure that they stay satisfied with their white smile as long as possible. This requires consideration and care and we offer tips on how to preserve the life of your whitened smile.
- Avoid smoking or using tobacco products
- Avoid drinking dark liquids such as coffees, teas, sodas or red wine, if you want to drink them try to do so through a straw to minimize the contact with your teeth.
- Avoid eating dark foods such as dark berries or beets
- Keep up with healthy oral hygiene habits- brush and floss every day
- Keep regular appointments with your dentist- regular cleanings cut down on the amount of plaque and film that cover your teeth and can keep your smile whiter for longer
- Drink water after snacks- this helps to prevent decay and the level of bacterial film which can later lead to plaque buildup.
If you are interested in a procedure that can instantly renew and improve your smile, as well as your self-confidence, invest in our teeth bleaching services in Omaha, Nebraska. Dr. McCaslin is dedicated to providing each patient with a customized treatment plan that produces the results you want from teeth whitening. For more information on our whitening process or to schedule your consultation visit us at Evergreen Dental Group or call us today at (402) 493- 4040.